I'm Late! I'm Late! For a Very Important Date!

 Many of us have watched the humorous story of Alice in Wonderland and can easily recall where this quote of, "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!" comes from. If you haven't though let me, tell you, the frantic white rabbit is the one who firsts makes Alice fall down the rabbit hole and all because of his desperate need to get to his destination as he looks at his oversized clock and realizes that he is late for a "very important date". Though the story centers around Alice and her foolish curiosity, we could honestly say the story could never have been without the white rabbit and his famous line. 

In these chaotic years and in the future, one thing often remains the same, our busy schedules. Depending on where you are in life, you could be balancing school, family life, the hopes of a social life, and maybe even a job. I know for me I have a chaotic full-time job, college throughout the entire year, and a bustling family life. Add in my attempts to still be there for my friends and you have a crazy, and often stressful, schedule. 

One thing I think we all have in common is the struggle to use our time wisely and not go crazy trying to keep up with everything like the White Rabbit from Wonderland. This is where the skill of time management can come into play. By planning out your time effectively, you can make time for everything you need to do while making time for the things you want to do. 


You need to learn time management now. Life will only get busier as you grow older and, by learning simple skills like time management now, you set yourself up for success later. Otherwise, you end up burned out, exhausted, and feeling like you are going to explode. Believe me, I've been there, and I don't want you to get there too. 

There are so many ways to go about managing your time and everyone's brain is different. Some people like a simple list of tasks that they can cross off as they get done while others like planners and schedules. Others, like me, use planners, lists, and ten million daily reminders. Whatever it takes to help you manage your time, make it a priority. I have included a few resources that I like below to get you started and as always feel free to reach out if you are looking for something specific. I am always trying new things and have so many resources I would love to share if you need them. 

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment below with any thoughts, opinions, or topics you would like me to write about. WEEKLY PLANNER

Resources

1. Weekly hours planner

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ETFNmPltHibagd9zS0yxQs_uBmrrB5dG8XfwkPuoHF4/edit?usp=sharing

2. Teen time management tips 

https://accessful.org/content/3-resources/1-students/19-time-management-for-teens/accessful_resource_time_management.pdf

3. My favorite time management resource

https://uiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Time-Management-Worksheet.pdf

Comments

Popular Posts