Books! Books! And More Books!


 Who doesn't love reading??? For all you teen girls looking for more books to sink your claws into, here is some of my favorites. 

1) Literally anything by Melanie Dickerson. 

        She is amazing and writes books with perfect morals but real characters. I absolutely adore all of her books! My favorites are probably the first three in the Hagenheim series but all of them are great. 

2) Beneath Wandering Stars and Below Northern Lights by Ashlee Cowles

        These books have a bit of suggestiveness in them but are primarily clean. They also have some strong religious foundations as well as a cool military background. Really good duo! 

3) For Eden's Sake by T. M. Gaouette

        This is the ultimate teen book against abortion. This story speaks about fighting for life even when that life will pull apart the life you currently live. 

4) Cookie Gorman's books (NOT THE O' BRIAN BROTHERS SERIES THOUGH... seriously not okay)

        Not very religious and the occasional minor gay character but overall, pretty decent series. The romance is beautiful, and these are some of my favorite junk food books (mindless, funny, and generally well written). My favorite of her books is probably either Ninja Girl (gotta love when the girl kicks the guy's butt) or Fauxmance (hehe... red lobsters... read the book to find out the meaning of the code word me and my sister adopted after I read this). 

5) I am Margaret series by Corinna Turner

        Church approved and seriously amazing! Some gore but handles some really tough subjects in the perfect manner for Catholic teens.

 6) The fairy tale novels by Regina Doman

        These books are jam packed with great catholic messages. What if Sleeping Beauty's fairy godmothers were three quirky nuns? What if the 7 dwarves were 7 personality-filled monks starting a new convent? These are funny, meaningful, and amazingly well written! First series I ever invested in. 

7) Honor at Stake by Declan Finn

        Did you know vampires our evil? Well this one isn't! Before being turned she was a Catholic and after being turned just received frequent communion because then she gets the necessary blood to survive, the Blood of Christ! Really cool twist to vampires but only read the first book due to my inability to find the others at the library. Plan on completing the series this year after purchasing the series. 

8) Melody Carlson's series for teens

        She has some adult books that are meh but her teen books are really relaxing reads. My favorite series of her are the Carter House Girls (really fun girl society style), Life at Kingston High (super funny) and On the Runway (reality tv show run by some pretty quirky girls)

9) Sarah Dessen's books

        These books are so real. They don't mess around and show just what it is to be a teen. It's not always fun, it's not always a romance, but it is always CHAOS. I really love her book Just Listen, which made me cry all 5 times I've read it. 

10) Sarah Sundin. Period. 

        This woman is incredible. All of her books are deeply religious and amazing. They are adult romances but completely clean and safe for teens. Better in fact than most teen books as it actually installs real morals and a pretty accurate description of war time activities. Probably the best series she wrote is the Waves of Freedom series but the first book of the Wings of Glory series is my favorite! I've read it millions of times!!!!

11) The Rebol of the Sands series

            Warning: This one isn't as squeaky clean as most of the others I have named. It is still an amazing series for those willing to read a little more. Nothing explicit but definitely more than needed. 

12) Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen 

        Wow! This series is for those of you who like action and a woman with incredible strength and determination. This does have two or three iffy parts due to one of the villains who is intent on forcing Scarlet to be his wife but otherwise is relatively clean and a really fun read.

13) Jenny B. Jones

            When you need a good laugh, Jenny B. Jones has got you covered. Super funny and quirky characters that you want to be best friends with!

14) Tera Linn Childs 

            Fantasy time? Tera Lynn Childs does everything from Greek myth, to superheroes, to mermaids. Really well written and super enjoyable books. 


Hope you have found some books to add to your reading list and if this was something you enjoyed, please let me know below because I have soooo many more books to share if it is of interest. Also please let me know if book reviews would be something you guys would be interested in me doing. Thanks for reading as usual and tell me below what YOUR favorite books are! 

Comments

  1. Those books sound SO AWESOME!!! I have read I am Margaret and I love it! One of my other favorites is the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It's not religious at all, but is so much fun. There are 10.5 of them and the series is still going! I believe the next book is coming out Nov. 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that series. I am Margaret is so incredibly good and I've heard a lot about the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. Reading is incredibly fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts