God's Will Be Done

I am writing today with my dreams. A very wise friend of me one said, "The person you're meant to be with will check all your boxes, it just won't be the boxes you started out with." This has proved true as time has passed and things have changed for me. I have discovered the things that are more important to me than a handsome face and money to support me. I have seen the value of loyalty and trust. I have seen just how important honesty is, never lying to protect the feelings of the other, and only starving to better the person you are with. I dream of someday meeting that man. Maybe it will be today, maybe it will be tomorrow or years from now, but I know if it is God's Will it will come to pass. I just have to let go a trust. To meet the man of my dreams, I must strive to become the woman of my dreams. By becoming who I dream of being, I will attract a man who values exactly who I am and not just my outward appearance. In the moments where life is killing me, where the guys I fall for scorn me or reject me, I must remember that God's Will shall be done and trusting Him will lead me to the fullest most satisfying future I could possibly hope for. May God's Will be done. 

Mary said this every day of her life. She grew up devoted to the Lord and, despite having plans for her life, put them aside instantly at the call of God. From that moment on, she only said yes. She traveled to Bethlehem, fled to Egypt, and spent a life constantly running, far from home and love. She bore the crushing pains of watching her Savior, Lord, and Son bear a crude cross as he was mocked and ridiculed for no reason besides the hatred of the men he came to save. Throughout all of this, she never turned away, trusting in the future God had planned for her. 

We could never experience the extreme pain that Mary went through, but struggle with our own pains and dilemmas. We can beg Mother Mary to give us the grace to say "Yes" to the Lord and push through out trials and find the world we can only see in our dreams. The world where we are the one we are meant to be, united with the man we were meant to be with, whether he be on earth or in heaven. 

Mary Magdalen struggled with sins so great she couldn't overcome them alone, but she threw herself on Christ and in those moments became his closest friend. She joined the apostles in constant situations and became one of the few women to stand at the foot of the cross. She was one of the first to see Christ risen from the dead. For those of us who struggle with sins that seem impossible to overcome, she is a light telling us that we can make it no matter what.  In our journey to follow the Will of God, we will be overcome by our selfishness. We will stumble into our own wants and follow pathways that differ from what Christ wants from us. We must make the painful journey through the bitter thorns of confession back to the pathway of Christ's love and continue our path with His arms around us. We can remain strong with the help of frequent prayers, communion, and confession. No matter what, do not give up. You will make it. 
Thank you for reading. Please comment below! I love to hear from my readers. Let me know of some other topics you would like me to write about. 
 













Comments

Popular Posts